A Gun Trust is an estate planning document that has been designed to help you acquire, manage, use, and transfer firearms including those restricted by the NFA while protecting your family and friends from inadvertent violations of state and federal laws.
The advantages of a Gun Trust are:
- Allows you pass firearms directly to whomever you want upon your death, without the time, money or hassle of probate.
- The disposition of your firearms at death are kept private, without it being part of the public record in probate court.
- Maximizes potential to transfer firearms to family even if future prohibitions are enacted.
- Keeps family control over firearms even if a given individual is unable to possess a firearm.
- Minimizes the difficulties and potential problems associated with owning Class II firearms.