You have proudly served your country. You’ve risked your life for the greater good of the nation. Now, the return to civilian life is challenging. Many veterans are disabled, face financial difficulties and are unaware of the vast benefits and assistance programs available to them and their families. Louisville veterans benefit attorneys can help you and your family obtain the benefits to which you are entitled.
Some of the benefits and assistance provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) include:
- Health benefits. Servicemen and women may be entitled to a VA healthcare benefits package, including dental coverage, mental health and sexual trauma screening exams, prescription services, limited vision care, preventive care and inpatient and outpatient treatment.
- Life insurance, compensation and pension. You may be covered under the Veterans Group Life Insurance plan. You may also be entitled to certain types of compensation in addition to a pension.
- Disability benefits. If you were injured during your service, you may be entitled to compensation.
- GI Bill. The GI Bill helps returning veterans pay for higher education expenses.
- Housing and home loans. The VA offers special VA home loans to qualified veterans.
- Other benefits. There are plenty of little-known programs designed to help veterans in need, such as the VA Aid and Attendance (A&A) Pension. An attorney can help you find out which benefits are appropriate for you.
Talk to a VA benefits lawyer in Louisville when applying for certain benefits, or when you have been denied certain benefits. The eligibility requirements vary and not everyone may qualify. Or, you may qualify but be unjustly denied.
Bruce Brightwell of Brightwell Law understands the struggles veterans face. Let his expertise and experience help you access the benefits you deserve.